What you need to know:
1. What is IPL?
- It’s an acronym for ‘intense pulsed light’. This kind of revolutionary technology is clinically-proven and has been used in professional settings for more than 15 years. Now, the powerful, fast pulsing light is available in a handheld, DIY device that’s safe for use at home.
2. How does the IPL work?
- With IPL technology, gentle pulses of light are applied to the skin and absorbed by the melanin of the hair. The darker the hair, the better the pulses of light are absorbed.
- The pulses of light stimulate the hair follicle to go into a resting phase, resulting in the shedding of the hair naturally and prevention of hair regrowth.
- The cycle of hair growth consists of different phases. IPL technology is only effective when the hair is in its growing phase.
3. Where can I use your IPL?
- Our IPL is safe to use on:
✔ face ✔ upper lip
✔ underarms ✔ arms
✔ legs ✔ bikini line
*Not to be used on:
❌ nipples and areola
❌ chest (for the women)
❌ around the eye area
❌ over the lips
❌ clitoris and labia minora
❌ face and genitals (for men)
4. What is the interval of use?
- For the first month, we recommend using our device once a week.
- Then twice a month (with 2 weeks interval) on the 2nd month or until desired result is achieved.
5. Is it painful?
- No, it’s almost entirely painless – and compared to waxing or plucking, it’s a dream! Some users experience a warm, tingling sensation, but that’s all.
- If you feel any pain during treatment, you may have used a higher level of intensity for your skin.
6. When can I see results?
- If used properly, you may notice thinning of hair as early as 4-6 weeks.
- Completely hair-free skin can be achieved in as few as 12 - 16 weeks. *although this varies from person to person
7. Is the result permanent?
- Project Bare offers extremely LONG LASTING RESULTS.
- *No form of laser hair removal is permanent, even at the clinics. So be careful when companies claim "permanent" hair removal, as this term technically means that there will be no hair regrowth for 6 months.
8. Is it safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Just like that glass of red wine, it’ll have to wait. We do not recommend using our device for pregnant and lactating women, as the device itself wasn't tested on them.
9. Can I use it while on my period?
- YES, you can do your IPL treatment while on your period. It doesn’t affect your menstrual cycle. Although, some women may find the treatment slightly painful the week of their period.
- *For hygienic purposes, we recommend not zapping your bikini area if you are a sanitary pad-user. But if you use tampons or menstrual cups or discs, ZAP AWAY, bestie!
10. Skin tone guide